The most significant changes in Roxen Editorial Portal 5.3 are:
- Story jumps. A story can now flow across separate Adobe InDesign layout files. Roxen Editorial Portal collects all overset story elements and lets page editors place them directly from inside Adobe InDesign. Any subsequent text changes made in the web editor will reflow automatically.
- User interface. The search panel has been significantly updated, more keyboard shortcuts have been added, and display of information is more clean and consistent across different modes in the product's web-native interface.
- Preflight warnings. Missing links and fonts, overset text and other warnings concerning the page layout are instantly visible in the web interface.
- Adobe InDesign CS 6 support. The Adobe InDesign CS 6 Server and Client versions are fully supported along with CS 5 and CS 5.5 from before. With Roxen's straightforward per-user licensing model a customer can run several instances of Adobe InDesign Server and leverage Roxen Editorial Portal's built-in load balancing for increased responsiveness during high workloads.
- Improved import and export. The Microsoft Word import filter now recognizes Office Open XML format to simplify story creation from e-mail attachments with a single mouse click. Finished stories can be output in an Atom feed, and page PDFs can be generated simultaneously for both print and screen consumption using separate profiles.
- New workflow for sharing stories. An innovative feature enables a high degree of automation for publishing stories in many editions where this capability brings an end to tedious manual work. As an example, a publisher of metropolitan city magazines can share stories while having different sets of e-mail addresses, web links and other text elements inserted in each edition with no additional effort.
- Performance, efficiency and stability. Roxen makes continuous improvements to the core of the product and version 5.3 integrates all previous service updates together with all-new optimizations.
"With Roxen Editorial Portal version 5.3 we bring our innovations to market faster than ever before. The unique web-based product architecture delivers substantial savings in IT administration for our customers and allows us to step up the pace with more enhancements coming in the near future." says Per Östlund, CEO of Roxen.
Existing customers can upgrade their installations to version 5.3 at no additional cost when the product ships in first quarter of 2013.